Thursday, April 15, 2010

truth

I've been sick these past couple days. I feel like mucus is just pouring out of my head right now.
Being 21 has been awesome so far. I work hard during the day and go out almost every night.
Since I have a biocalc exam tomorrow I'm going to keep this bitch session brief.
Monya gets more and more awesome every time we hang out. She's just a cool chick. I thought her friend cecile was the same way but she's not. I like having a solid non-flaky female friend that I can bounce ideas off of.
Thunder and I have been getting closer; he's usually my partner when I go out. I considered bringing Brendan, but a lot of people are just offended by things he says. It takes a little bit to understand him.

I need a date for Founder's dinner. There's a list of people that I've been considering, but none have really stuck out in my mind as good choices.

I met up with people at casa last night. Luke, Nora, Travis, Amanda, and others were there.
Amanda and I haven't talked in weeks. Last night she was playing chess and some guy came up and started massaging her back. I left. I'm glad that I'm done with all of that mess of a person. She dragged my grades and anxiety through the mud whenever we hung out together. Last night was the last nail in the coffin, I took her out of my phone. Stupid blonde primate...

Biomedical research has been awesome lately: I'm overseeing a project from start to finish now. Dr. Chen gave me a soil sample and told me to isolate any actinomycete and analyze for antibiotic production. I think he might teach me bioinformatics as well. So far I had 25 colonies from Athens and 25 from Albany. I could only purify about 10 from each. There's definitely antibiotic production occurring and I'm going to study it. We're looking for rare or new organisms. Yesterday there was a slow-growing good sporulating colony that I tried to isolate. Hopefully I'll get it.

Off to homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment