Thursday, June 10, 2010

finals

Calc final is in half an hour. integral of udv equals uv-integral of vdu.
That's it...my problem is just with the trig function and endless technical rules. Suddenly I'm more worried about Ochem.
If it boiled down to it, I'd rather lose my chance at year-long biochem than neuroscience. Both are important.

Nora convinced me to quit being so ridiculous. I want to take a creative writing class instead of picking up a 3rd major. I'm not taking physical chem this fall. Fuck quantum mechanics. I just want to stick to my guns and do neuroscience research. I'd forget it anyways...plus calc isn't my strongsuit.

Last night she told me how everything is. If it works out, great. If not, then we had some great times and I learned a lot about how to touch someone.

If it comes to dating...would I be better with a scientist? I feel like I'm explaining a lot of stuff that I'm learning to her and I feel like an ass because of it. My sister would have shot me in the foot by now. I know that I'm not on a higher level of thought, I just have so much interest in this stuff and want to talk about it with people. I think this is how everyone in bio ends up marrying each other...they're the only people who understand each other.

The best part about seeing someone in non-science is the fact that they're not a dissectionist...they don't have to be a romantic, but there's not that urge to understand everything.

There are a lot of fantastic girls out there in science though. People that I get a long with...more or less. Sometimes I get contentious with them though...competitive.

Parental pressure is going to greet me when I get home. Why didn't you make dean's list? What do you need to change?

Answer: I need to 1 take less classes 2 better balance classes with nonscience or 3 have no social life. The catharsis I get meeting people and drinking with friends is something that I can't pass up.

That final is coming. All I need to do is pass. It feels good to know that I don't have to be exceptional. I felt like life was ending last quarter when I was freaking out about chemistry. It will be fine. I have all next year to clean things up. And this time I won't be dumb about it.

Stress is an incredible force on the body. We're not equipped to deal with all this cortisol not being used...and it permanently modifies transcription of factors dealing with energy consumption. In other words...stress has a long-term negative impact on health. Thinking about it stresses me out...

I'll be home for this next week. Coming home Saturday after moveout.

No comments:

Post a Comment