Friday, July 13, 2012

Athens.

Strolling by the muckish green pond in Emiriti Park I couldn't help being sucked into an undertow of passive contemplation. Again, there was no emotion in it. I just felt dipped in an ocean of memory washing toward and away from the shore of my present consciousness. The eager anticipation of the past 5 years dissipates into a question of the validation of my accomplishment and the desire to form new connection through shared passions. 

I had coffee in one hand and chocolate from Belgium in the other. The ashy dark roast was perfect for a morning after a bit of the bars with my friends. There was no breakfast yesterday. 

First I went to the biology department. Being summer, I skipped by a few frantic faces scrambling to their summer quarter exams. The fact that I have different stresses now is something I muse at. Exams were harrowing but debt and time lapses are a different evil. 

First I visited my human sex and reproduction advisor for a bit. She's looking well for her age and lightened my mood with some good banter about the transition to semesters. After giving her a chocolate bar I headed to my Pre-Med advisor with another chocolate. I congratulated her on her son and asked her to send letters to a few schools. 

Randomly I saw Van driving down court. 

I met up with Badger, Dan, Eric, Sean, and a lot more people along the way. We made some good new memories out at Strouds with some pbr.

I couldn't ask for anything better. The night ended with Sean and I slamming each other with foam swords. 

No comments:

Post a Comment