Thursday, May 31, 2012

White Wine and Chicken

After last weekend's carbohydrate binge I have been spending 2 hours per day in the gym and eating nothing but fruit, vegetables, and light amounts of meat. This morning I boiled some pasta and added apple vinegar,  ground black pepper, garlic, onions, and just a little salt. No oil was in there.

Today I rowed for 9 minutes and ran for 32. Burned 1/2 my caloric intake for an average day. After that I turned on some social psychology podcasts and turned to the kitchen again to try something which my venezuelan roommate recommended: water while frying chicken.

I have no idea what happened inside the pot when I was frying it but the chicken was tender while I only used half the oil. I added a red bell pepper, some cabbage, garlic, onions, salt, black pepper, a bit of apple vinegar, and a big splash of Montilla Moriles sweet white wine late in the cooking. I set it on the stove top with medium heat and got on facebook for twenty minutes.

The wine went straight to the vegetables and mixed with the sweetness of the bell pepper. It stuck in the skin of the chicken. I've been reading about steroid synthesis and heard that there was a difference in the production of testosterone depending on the amount of carbohydrates we consume.

I badly miss my biochem book. In the meantime, it was a delicious meal and I'm going to run it off tomorrow. I'm in good shape despite a come-and-go gut. I oscillate between more cut that I've ever been in my life and back to my college shape. Soon I'll figure out what the best way to eat here is. Until then...I'm going to keep away from Spanish bread and try this wine, vegetables, and lightly fried chicken.

Next time I'm going to try to "planchar" as they say. That involves almost no oil. My biggest fear is salmonella so I tend to slightly overcook.


No comments:

Post a Comment