Sunday, February 12, 2012

Half Time

Some days pass where you think that nothing really has changed. Your situation couldn't be terribly different if one small element changed. However, it's these little creeping differences that make you who you will be.

Last night I didn't sleep because I had to rush Dr. Martin to the airport. Unfortunately he had a little much tequila celebrating his departure from Spain. We cheered a half liter of premium cuervo to everything. I have a love interest that is very unlikely but fantastic nonetheless. We cheered to her invitation and the possibility of me finding love.

I brought up the fact that he has a beautiful Doctor for a girlfriend and that their five years together has been faithful and happy. We cheered to his proposal in March and to his continual admiration of her intelligence, humor, sensitivity, and perfect rear end.

Then we cheered to my finally being in Spain. Martin said that I should be swift in getting empadronated and tactful to get good work.

We raised our glasses also to his exam and finally to his departure from Spain. Moreover, we cheered to the fact that he is returning.

We finished the bottle in an hour. He was a bit more toasted than I was. Overall, I was glad that we did because we bonded and recalled all that we did together over the last month. Unfortunately, it tested my knowledge of Madrid because he didn't know where he was.

I burned up my last cell phone minutes trying to get a hold of Jamie, Martin's friend, and figure out how to get to her.

When we did we went to a club. I've accepted that I don't enjoy them. Salsa is a great dance. Martin has showed me what it looks like to be confident, smooth, and always happy. I know how to ballroom dance. Salsa is the next step to fully enjoying my time here.

It was different in America.

In the airport he said (in Spanish and broken English) you're going to be a great doctor. You're smart, quick witted, dedicated, and professional. The only thing that you need is a salsa class. If you find a girl, love her with all you have. If you're single...follar as often as you can.

I had to help him find his way there. We conversed with everyone along the way. There were Austrian babes and Australian hipsters. Everything in between seemed to distract us but we made it. I just hope that he was ok after I left him at the gate.

I still have Ian, Jacky, and Pedro to hang out with here. Other than that...I'm going to have to find some more awesome people. Regardless, Martin is irreplaceable. Who would have known that a Doctor's approval would have come in such a circumstance?

I'm going to miss those daily discussions of molecular biology and human physiology (It was more him telling me and me asking questions based off my pre-med exp.).

My goals for this week:

Continue to keep my room clean.
Continue working out.
Find and apt by Friday.
Empadronate (?).
Salsa Wednesday.
Talk to 2 strangers per day.
Do cardio.
Prepare more than 2 lessons for a head start.
Find more work (?)

In total: I have a consistant doublet of people I'm working with on Thursdays. Income is stuck at 1100 euro per month until I get more people.

I'm relieved to have my second student loan payment taken care of.

Now: sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment