Monday, February 20, 2012

Sushi and Goats

I'm a little tired from a night on the town with a couple friends. I dropped 20 euro on sushi and drinks with some friends. The sushi was fantastic and the wine was rich. Most of the conversation we couldn't stop laughing.

Today was productive. I got my documents signed for empadronating and I have a sita this upcoming Thursday to get that mess sorted out. Hopefully I can apply for my card this Friday.

This morning I woke up. I often wake up. I was slightly tired from four hours of sleep and the wine/saki/beer that found itself my way. I finished the pop section of a presentation and shored up a few questions I wrote for it then ate some leftover ham and rice with gouda cheese.

Then I showered, made an apocalypse presentation, checked my email, and stepped out the old door to go to work. The kids are used to me now. The presentation went over well. I did it three times. Even the little ones could tolerate it.

After school I headed to Cuzco for Sotomayor Language briefing. Unfortunately it was cancelled. I had a message on my phone that I have to be at AngloOrb at four. That was also cancelled. I went home and fixed some more ham and rice...resolving to get better grocery selections in the near future.

I was in no rush to either of these places. I went to AngloOrb at 5:15 p.m. and Sotomayor at 6:20 p.m. Both bosses are extremely nice and have given me materials with which I may teach students. Sotomayor promised 2 students for 3 hours each and AngloOrb has promised me 3 hours with one student to test.

However, I would prefer to have my own classes with students...if they're nice. I realize I gotta jump through the hoops to be able to charge them for no-shows which are bound to happen.

I got home at about 7:50 and bought groceries. Then I unpacked them, watched the walking dead, and mopped the floor. It was a calm day. I learned the past tense of spoken French.

Tomorrow I have to go back to AngloOrb before 7:00 p.m. to start my lesson with my student. Business English is the topic. I don't know her level.

Tomorrow I'm also going to Ramon y Cajal. I intend to set up my tusclases particulares account before I leave for school tomorrow. Hopefully I can scratch for some cash students. I'm sick of interviewing with squirly places or having to explain the situation over and over and over. I have no reason to believe that these two schools will shaft me. Then again...who can ever tell?

It was a good day. I'm looking forward to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment